Thinking of making your own bridal bouquet? Consider a posy holder showcasing a peony bouquet. A dazzling mound of some of the most enchanting blossoms -- fragrant peonies -- is beautifully displayed in this unforgettable, romantic creation. The complementary color scheme, achieved with green paint applied to the squared posy holder further distinguishes the pretty pink mound.
Hot-glued inside the square platform (a small chip-wood box), a saturated foam cage holds the exquisite peonies and keeps them fresh. A wooden candlestick, which serves as the handle, is hot-glued to the base of the chip-wood box to complete the holder.
What You'll Need:
Step 1: Create the Handle
- Spray-paint a chip-wood box and a wooden candlestick with basil-green paint.
- Once the paint has dried, hot-glue the candlestick to the underside of the chip-wood box.
- With hot glue, secure a saturated foam cage into the center of the chip-wood box.
Step 2: Pick the Peonies
- Select your peonies (we suggest hot or pale pink).
- Place peonies into the foam in a rounded formation.
Excerpted from Florists' Review: 101 Wedding Bouquets. To order a copy of the book, call (800) 367-4708.
See More: Wedding Flowers