Here's what should be in your written location contract. Don't sign *anything* until you're satisfied!
- Total cost and a line-item breakdown of what's included.
- Amount of deposit and when it was paid.
- Balance outstanding and when it's due (a payment schedule).
- Exact date and time of your wedding.
- Exact location of your wedding (e.g., "In Main Gallery," "In Presidential Ballroom").
- Detailed list of everything the place will provide (tables, chairs, linens, amplifiers, whatever).
- The name of the site representative who will be on hand on your wedding day, and the name of an acceptable substitute.
- Proof of liability insurance and liquor license.
- Cancellation/refund policy.
- Anything else you agree to orally that you want to set in stone.
Wedding Planning Basics