Big, sparkling eyes always get attention. Want to get yours picture perfect on your wedding day? Follow our list of eye dos and don'ts:
- Think seriously about hiring a makeup artist; everyday makeup is different from your wedding day needs.
- Take time to try a few different makeup artists and choose one who understands your personal tastes.
- Use eye drops if your eyes look red or tired on the day of (but stick with a brand you've used before to avoid unwelcome surprises).
- Get as much sleep as possible the night before the big day.
- Apply concealer to banish dark circles under your eyes.
- Use matte eye shadows (they won't reflect light or look too shiny).
- Use an off-white matte shadow along your brow bone if you have light skin, or peach if you have dark skin, to illuminate your eyes even more.
- Blend well, especially at the corners of your eyes, since cameras pick up visible makeup lines.
- Define your brows with a pencil or powder that matches your hair color.
- Wear at least two layers of mascara.
- Use an eyelash curler before and after applying your first coat of mascara.
- Prevent makeup meltdowns by using a smudge-proof or waterproof mascara. (If you really don't like its look or feel, use one coat of regular mascara overlaid with a light coat of waterproof mascara.)
- Buy a new mascara for your wedding day, but test it a few days before the wedding if it's a new brand.
- Wear too much eye makeup: You'll look like a drag queen.
- Change your eye color with colored lenses (unless you always wear them).
- Try to be too trendy (that glitzy silver shadow may look silly ten years from now).
- Use an under-eye concealer that's too light for your skin tone (you'll look like a deer caught in headlights).
- Experiment with eye products you haven't tried before.
- Wear dark shadows like charcoal or dark brown (you'll look like you've been punched).
- Wear frosted, shiny, sparkly shadow (It creases easily and will reflect camera flashes).
- Forget about your eyebrows.
- Tweeze your brows at the last minute on your wedding morning.
- Wear false eyelashes if they're not 100% comfortable and you're not 200% confident they won't fall off.
Two final tips: DO have a fabulous wedding. DON'T forget how gorgeous you are.
Bridal Beauty Secrets