Impeccable eyebrows are essential to looking your best. Think of them as a frame to a beautiful painting (your face!) and make sure they're shaped to compliment your feautures.
You've got two choices when it comes to eyebrow grooming: to wax, or to tweeze. Waxing can be less painful, but is difficult to do at home. Tweezing gives you more control, since you pluck just one hair at a time. Below are tips for getting the perfect arch.
- For starters, you need to use the right tool that grabs the hair securely.
- Before tweezing, apply some ice to the brow to numb the nerve endings and nix pain.
- To determine where to tweeze, use an eyebrow pencil to fill in the shape you want, then tweeze any hair outside the lines.
- If you're not sure where your brows should begin and end, hold an eyeliner pencil straight along the side of your nose, then tweeze any hairs that extend inward past the pencil toward your other brow.
- Next, angle the pencil outward from the bottom side of your nose toward the outside corner of your eye and tweeze any hairs that extend outside the pencil toward your ear.
- If you have stray eyebrow hairs creeping up your forehead, tweeze those away, too.
- Finally, tweeze any stray hairs beneath the brow, and form an arch that peaks over the outside corner of the iris, not the pupil.
Now that you've cleaned up your brows, you'll want to make sure they match. You should start with the arch. Adjust arches by tweezing out unwanted hairs and filling in gaps with an eyebrow pencil or powder.
If you have a round face, you can add angularity with sharply-arched, defined brows. If your face is more angular, go for a softer brow with a less dramatic arch. Either way, remember to go slowly or you risk over-tweezing. You don't want a surprised look on your wedding day.
Color is critical when using artificial eyebrow enhancers. Your brows should match the hair on your head. (If you have a highlighted or multi-hued mane, brows shouldn't be darker than the darkest shade on your head.)
See More: Bridal Beauty Secrets