Wedding Style: Fall Themed Wedding Style Ideas
Dreaming of fall foliage, warm apple cider, and palette of leaf green and chocolate brown? Sounds like you have a fall wedding in mind. Now you need inspiration! Read on.
- Think rustic elegance: stalks of fall flowers tied to tent poles, glass jugs filled with cider, or dozens of bales of hay for guests to sit on.
- Go all out with rich: chocolate brown burn-out velvet table linens, brown velvet curtains and chair cushions, and brown beaded candleholders for the cocktail tables.
- Incorporate an autumnal icon such as a maple leaf or pinecone.
- Send your wedding invitation in a velvet pocket featuring stitching of your first names.
- Use metallic gold paper to give any color scheme a fall feel.
- Pair your favorite flower with bunches of berries or a ring of leaves.
- Include fruit, such as tiny pears, in the centerpieces.
- Combine flowers with colorful votives in rustic antique lanterns.
- Use small pumpkins and butternut squashes as bowls for creamy pumpkin soup.
- Use colorful seasonal produce in interesting ways -- serve a bright red beet puree or a salad of miniature vegetables.
- Give a nod to Halloween by serving chocolate martinis with Hershey’s Kisses, or green-apple martinis with apple-flavored Jolly Ranchers.
- Try a basket-weave style wedding cake topped with fresh seasonal berries.
- Dazzle guests with a cupcake tower or tower of donuts.
- Go for drama with a four-tier confection wrapped in dark chocolate fondant and covered in green sugar-paste apples.
- Opt out of a traditional wedding cake and serve slices of apple, cherry, and pumpkin pie instead.
- Give out pieces of homemade fudge with the family recipe attached.
- Create a bundle of cookies packaged with a monogrammed label.
- Offer spice-scented -- think gingerbread -- candles.
- Make a jar of homemade jam adorned with a label reading "Spread the Love."
- Give a kid treat: caramel-dipped Granny Smiths wrapped in cellophane.
- Give a small potted plant in a cool container.
Too traditional? Get out-of-the-box fall wedding ideas.
Real Weddings: Theme Weddings