Elizabeth and Michael used their wedding registry to stock up on products beyond the household standards. "We already had many of the basics," Elizabeth says. "So we went for fun, fancy, new plates (both everyday and beautiful china), new gadgets for the kitchen, big fluffy towels, and things to decorate our dream home."
The Couple: Elizabeth & Michael Swantek
Their Wedding: May 5 in Glenville, NY
Where They Registered: Kohl's
Elizabeth and Michael's Top Registry Picks
1. KitchenAid Artisan 5-qt. Mixer -- "I'm learning to bake, a favorite family pastime, and my mom and all my aunts swear by this mixer!" Elizabeth says. "I loved the red as well; it gives our kitchen a fun splash of color."
2. Sonoma Life & Style Comforter/Bedding Collection -- "Beautiful colors and patterns, comfy fabrics, and all the accent pieces for a beautiful bedroom. My bridesmaids bought us the entire set (comforter, shams, euro shams, throws, etc.) and I absolutely love it! Not only does our guest room look great (and get tons of compliments), but anytime I'm in there, I remember what great friends we have!"
3. Corsica Dinnerware and Accessories -- "We really wanted to have pretty plates to entertain with that weren't china. These plates are beautiful, have great pattern selections to meet any taste, and were still practical enough for everyday use."
4. Table Tops Gallery Dinnerware and Accessories -- "We mixed and matched the patterns with the bold colors of the Corsica plates. Now we have great mix-and-match place settings for everyday entertaining."
5. Corsica Wine/Water Goblets -- "These glasses are great for everyday use. They really complete our everyday dinnerware and set a gorgeous table."
6. Sonoma Pima Bath Sheet -- "These towels are luxurious and huge, so they work for me and my very tall husband!"
7. Sonoma Life & Style Solid Cotton Reversible Bath Rugs -- "We really wanted to redo our bathroom, and this collection had everything we wanted."
8. Kohl's Gift Cards -- "When we finally found our dream home, we got to go out and have fun choosing things to decorate with. It was like registering all over again!"
Gift They Wish They'd Registered For
"I wish we had registered for more art," Elizabeth says. "We wanted to decorate our home and make it our own. Luckily, the gift cards helped with that!"
Real Wedding Registries