When Dana and Keith began registering for wedding gifts, the couple had recently purchased a new house, so they needed pretty much everything. "We just went department by department making sure we had all the basic kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom supplies, as well as some fun entertaining and decorative items," says Dana. "We also wanted to make sure we registered for fine china."
The couple chose Fortunoff because of its wide variety of items, and Dana loves the style of Pottery Barn, so that was a natural choice for decorative items and dinnerware. The couple used Bed Bath & Beyond to round out their registry with "little extras." Getting the most for their buck was definitely a factor when Dana and Keith chose their stores. The couple earned points toward a gift card based on items bought for their Fortunoff registry, and Bed Bath & Beyond offered a 20-percent discount coupon for guests to use toward gifts.
The Couple: Dana and Keith Caruso (Check out their Real Wedding story!)
Their Wedding: June 29 in East Meadow, NY
Where They Registered: Fortunoff, Pottery Barn, Bed Bath & Beyond
Photo by Pottery Barn
Dana and Keith's Top Registry Picks
1. Bedding -- "We got a new bed, so we needed the bedding."
3. Salad Bowl from Pottery Barn -- "I just loved it and thought it was really cool."
4. Everyday Dinnerware
5. China -- "I loved the rounded square shape to them," Dana says.
7. Snack Trays from Pottery Barn -- "Nice style, great for entertaining."
8. Simplehuman Trash Can -- "Big garbage pail…something we needed."
9. Knife Set
10. Indoor Grill/Griddle -- "Made cooking a little more interesting."
Gift They Wish They'd Registered For
Dana says that their biggest registry regret is not asking for luggage. The couple left for their honeymoon with old, outdated luggage, and Keith's suitcase actually broke on the way home from Hawaii! "Now, as other vacations approach, we still need to get luggage," Dana says. "We see how great it would have been to have nice, good-quality luggage for years to come."
Real Wedding Registries